About Me

My photo
Fulton, MO, United States
I am living in the middle of a wonderful, small town. My passion is gardening. I dream of living on a small farm, just outside of town, and selling vegetables and eggs to those that drive by. This blog is to document the slow process of learning while reaching and wandering towards my goal.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Lavender in Missouri


Yesterday I went to the Central District Garden Club meeting.   The theme of the day was Lavender. The owners of Winding Brook Estate were the keynote speakers.  Check out their website to learn about lavender margaritas and more.

I am lucky enough to have several varieties of lavender in the front flower bed.  I will take what I learned from them and use lavender more often.  I have some soaking now to use on my face and see if it will help reduce the swelling on my eyes from allergies.  If it fails, at least I will smell good!

Located just south of St. Louis, in Eureka, MO Winding Brook Estate is a great example of how with a little faith and hard work it is possible to make a living doing what you love.  I left feeling inspired.


No comments:

Post a Comment