About Me

My photo
Fulton, MO, United States
I am living in the middle of a wonderful, small town. My passion is gardening. I dream of living on a small farm, just outside of town, and selling vegetables and eggs to those that drive by. This blog is to document the slow process of learning while reaching and wandering towards my goal.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Sea Shell Cosmos

I won a first place ribbon with the Seashell Cosmos last year at the Fulton Garden Club Flower Show.  I overheard the judges comment that they hadn't seen this flower in a show before and one of the judges mentioned that her grandmother had them in her yard.  That is exactly why I chose that variety to grow for the show.

Most of the plants I grow you don't see very often.  They are the plants that your grandmother grew and you vaguely remember.  Your grandmother grew them because she got starts from her mother and her grandmother.  Originally they were natives or planted because of their medicinal value.

My thought is if I can have a great looking plant that can lower my blood pressure or get rid of a headache, why not?  I may still choose to take an asprin, but it is nice to have the option!

No comments:

Post a Comment