About Me

My photo
Fulton, MO, United States
I am living in the middle of a wonderful, small town. My passion is gardening. I dream of living on a small farm, just outside of town, and selling vegetables and eggs to those that drive by. This blog is to document the slow process of learning while reaching and wandering towards my goal.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Chinese Motherwort

Motherwort, Chinese (Leonurus artemisia) seeds, organicChinese Motherwort, Leonarus artemesia.  I'm excited to add this plant to my collection.  The medicinal potential is amazing.  Leaves and flowers are used as a diuretic, for stimulating blood circulation, regulating menstration and lowering blood pressure.  A tea used as a wash is said to ease itching and pain from shingles.  Three to four foot tall and adaptable to many soil conditions.  Self seeding annual.  Hardy to Zone 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment